Re: WebEdit source safety - can I turn this off?

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:5/31/1999; 11:06:36 AM
Topic:WebEdit source safety - can I turn this off?

You can make it so that you can check in objects you haven't checked out by editing webEditServer.rpcHandlers.webEdit.checkIn on the server.

Look for a block with a comment above it:

"Make sure the object is checked out by this user, if the object already exists."

Comment out the line "if defined (adrObject^)" to comment-out that entire block.

Now you can check in objects you haven't checked out.

There's a similar change you can make to the sendToServer rpc handler.

Of course -- be sure to note which changes you make, in case we update this code and your changes are over-written.