Re: The Need For Speed

Author:Robert Brook
Posted:6/7/1999; 10:58:14 AM
Topic:The Need For Speed

David, this sounds great.

I share your love of outlines. Perhaps I'll carry on writing in them, and then just change them back to text with the popup. (Crude, but effective!)

I've been looking at the Table Renderers tutorial on Script Meridian, and running over a few pointers on the Userland sites as well.

I have tried this:

A template (myNiceNewtemplate) containing something like

{adrtable^.myHeadline}

{adrtable^.myBodytext}
{pagefooter()}

- and a table-to-be-rendered like this:

myTable
    default
    myBodytext
    myHeadline

- where default simply contains #template "myNiceNewTemplate".

Yes, I know it probably looks mighty nasty in the ODB, but it opens all sorts of avenues when I stop thinking XML and start doing XML. After all, I can get data into (and out of) myHeadline and myBodytext by means of XML in a kind of neat way!

Please - point out some glaring errors. I'd be grateful!