Re: Banner Ads

Author:Steven C. Den Beste
Posted:6/7/1999; 2:43:29 PM
Topic:Banner Ads

There is a product called "AtGuard" which, among other things it does, has the ability to filter the HTML which is sent to you and remove from it the specific JavaScript command which makes those daughter windows appear. Thus you don't have to manually disable Javascript, and other Javascript can be permitted to run.

It is also a very powerful ad filter and incorporates a firewall, too, but I purchased it primarily because it made those damned popup windows stop happening.

I fully agree that those are much more obnoxious than normal banner ads.