Re: XML navbar test version--tags in titles?

Author:Heath Tanner
Posted:6/8/1999; 10:21:42 AM
Topic:The Need For Speed

I guess it boils down to this: Should form and content be specified in the same document (the XML outline), or should they be divided and specified in separate places, the content in the XML outline and the form in the parameters of the call to the macro (or in #directives)?

Recently I've been keep all formatting options in directives. It makes it easy to use site-wide directives to maintain a consistent look, but also allows for customization per table or page. Sometimes it creates a little extra work in creating and editing several directives, but the easy sitewide consistency has made it well worth the effort for me.

For navbar, though, I could imagine need to vary the formatting even within a single page, so I'm not sure this approach would be appropriate.