Re: XML-RPC: How to make this work anyone?

Author:Lindon Parker
Posted:6/8/1999; 7:58:40 PM
Topic:XML-RPC: How to make this work anyone?

Thanks for the pointer, I've been and read a number of articles, so I'm no longer as stupid as I was.

Your second point interests me tho'. Why wouldn't I put an XML-RPC call in a web page? If that call returns something to the browser that it can render am I not using XML-RPC as a kind of "high(er) level URI for a cgi script"? This then is a kind of distributed object system no?

Then, if I (as a server owner) publish an RPC call that returns all the public callable RPC interfaces on my machine haven't I just provided a resource for web site builders to integrate my server applications into their pages? Or am I just missing it?