Re: Why Use Office 2000?

Author:--
Posted:6/9/1999; 12:38:13 PM
Topic:Why Use Office 2000?

There are times when the only thing I do with those doc files is to open them with BBEdit, and get rid of those junk text by hand.

I will edit the pages anyway, so it really doesn't matter if I open them in Word, or BBEdit. All I want is just plain text -- FAST. Opening a word document in BBEdit is way faster than opening them in Word.

But I also think that it's very inconvenient to work without having a copy of Office. Sometimes, it's better to copy and paste from Word into a text editor. Especially, when there are tables in the Word document.