Re: XML-RPC in ASP: Request for assistance

Author:André Radke
Posted:6/10/1999; 11:23:42 AM
Topic:XML-RPC in ASP: Request for assistance

What's the significance of the tag?

You can use it to send and receive (8-bit) binary objects. They will be base64-encoded and enclosed within a base64 tag.

Encoding Empty and Null as empty strings makes sense to me.

Long integer

Is a "Long integer" an 8-byte integer in VB?

Single-precision floating-point number

You should use here -- can't represent floating-point numbers like e.g. 3.141

Currency

Use for the same reasons as the previous item.

Automation object

Not sure what this is...?

Variant

This must be the VB-equivalent of what is known as a union in C. It's a variable that can contain objects of different types at different times. I am not sure how to encode these though.

data-access object

Again, not sure what this is...?

Byte

I think I'd go with here.