Re: $15,000 to Burn

Author:garret p vreeland
Posted:6/11/1999; 10:50:19 AM
Topic:$15,000 to Burn

I haven't seen anyone mention "passive backplanes" for ages. Don't know if they're still popular or not, but being able to swap out the CPU card swiftly and easily for fixes and/or upgrades would seem to make that $15,000 last longer.

After doing a search, not many companies are still out there. Probably priced at a premium, but hey, it might be worth a look. The telcos still use this kind of technology.

I assume you're budgeting for air conditioning in that $15,000? Thirty $500 machines ... hot, man.

One hit I found ... http://www.dtims.com/

Just a thought.