Re: $500 NT Systems? Really?

Author:Benoit Cazenave
Posted:6/11/1999; 12:53:24 PM
Topic:$15,000 to Burn

Does Frontier require NT server? Frontier is the webserver... so NT workstation should be enough.

The cheap hardware question isn't stupid. Considering the savings and the power you can get from a Celeron based system, you really wonder if you can't make a nice server with a custom built machine and buy a second one with what you saved...

I was really impressed by what I could do with a cheap Celeron with Frontier... really the best power/price ratio out there. And if you multiply the number of machines, well you multiply the power !