Re: The road to Manila

Author:Ian Beatty
Posted:6/13/1999; 12:56:30 PM
Topic:Easy Content Syndication

Are you ready to focus seriously on a new way of doing things? Help me build something really big?

Go for it. As I see it, the worst that can happen is that your new direction isn't something I'm interested in, so I don't use it. Unless you discontinue chunks of Frontier's current functionality, or raise the price out of my range, I'll still have the same Really Great Tool I have and use now. That's all I paid for, and if you come up with something new I might find useful, I see that as a nice surprise bonus.

In other words, you didn't sell me your future, just your current product and a reasonable expectation of continued support.

Here's the interesting part: when you first introduced dynamic websites, I didn't think I'd have much use for them. I was stuck in old thinking. Now, I'm analyzing and writing up data for my dissertation research in a private, Frontier-served dynamic website. I never would have envisioned it! So try me on something new, and maybe I'll be disappointed and uninterested, and then maybe I'll get beyond that and reach another 'Aha!'.

-- Ian

P.S. I hope you don't IPO until I have some money available to invest...