Re: The road to Manila

Author:David Theige
Posted:6/13/1999; 1:17:39 PM
Topic:Easy Content Syndication

Dave,

I've been busy with unrelated work for a few weeks, so I've been fairly invisible around here. I am aware of the Manila project, and from the glimpses I've had, I AM IMPRESSED. I think it can open up new worlds for Userland. I was there (somewhere deep in the background lurking) when ClayBasket came and then went, when Frontier went to the web and then to Windows, etc., etc. What have I learned? Many things, but one of the things I've learned is that Dave Winer has vision. It's been a great ride, living the "Frontier Days" of the web vicariously through you and the community you built. Will some people be bummed out by a change in direction? Unquestionably, yes! Should you execute a major change in direction? Frankly, I trust your judgment...and I want to be there for the ride!