Re: Internet Alchemy

Author:Paul Nakada
Posted:6/14/1999; 11:30:08 AM
Topic:Internet Alchemy

One thing to consider is that that while you are directing traffic to their content, you also potentially taking away an ad impressions on their own headline listing page. Taking away ad impressions means reducing ad revenue. Keep in mind, every 1000 ad impressions is worth upward of $0.02.

One thing that you'll commonly find with syndication services is that they do not run their own headline site. This is so that there is no competition between the syndicator and the publisher. Publishers are having a tough enough time being profitable, so we must be careful with things like "syndicating" someone else's content. We could be syndicating them right our of business.

If on the other hand, sites sign up to syndicate their content to internet alchemy who is just a repository of syndications, then I see less of an issue, since this is an "opt-in" type of service.

One thing that is slightly worrisonme is this snippet from the Internet Alchemy FAQ.

>> Isn't There a Copyright Issue?

>> Not really.

Shouldn't this be a yes or no response?

Comments?