Re: Internet Alchemy

Author:Lawrence Lee
Posted:6/14/1999; 10:43:05 AM
Topic:Internet Alchemy

Internet Alchemy's response on copyright
<http://alchemy.openjava.org/rss/>
Not really. We aren't passing the content off as our own and our policy is to always link the headlines back to the source site. We view it as syndicating the content, almost like a 'pick of the press' column in a daily newspaper. If you are the owner of one of the sites we visit and you have any concerns or wish to comment on RSSMaker then you can email us at alchemy@openjava.org. You can also mail us if you have a site that you would like RSSMaker to index.

Synthetic Channels
I believe Webpluck is the program used to "rip" the content out of pages to get the headlines.

Webpluck
<http://strobe.weeg.uiowa.edu/~edhill/public/webpluck/>

BotSpot seems to be the current place to get information on Webpluck-type tools. The site is part of the internet.com network.
<http://botspot.com/>