Re: Unix and Email Viruses

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/16/1999; 7:07:17 AM
Topic:Unix and Email Viruses

This is the kind of garbage I get in email. I'll let your statement stand, normally I'd just delete it, but I want everyone else to see the problem Unix has -- people who defend it thru the use of personal attacks.

The Mac had the same problem, it got so bad that you couldn't even say anything nice about the Mac without getting flamed and being accused of huge moral lapses.

The problem is that most of the people doing the accusing never say who they are and why they are such an authority on morality. They don't publish their opinions publicly, they just attack people who do. At least Paul was willing to show his garbage in public. Give him credit for that.

My response is to quote Scoop Nisker: "If you don't like the news, go out and make some of your own." It's easy to put up a website. I bet when you state your opinion in your own space, it'll be a lot more respectful.