Re: Unix and Email Viruses

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:6/16/1999; 11:03:36 AM
Topic:Unix and Email Viruses

Giving novice users Windows and putting them on the internet is similar to giving drivers with a shiny new learner's permit the keys to a car without an air bag or insurance.

oh, you're so 3l33t3 ;-)

fwiw, my 6-year old daughter can handle a computer just fine, and surf the internet without any problems. she cannot drive a car, though -- she's simply not tall enough. I just asked her if that the latter means that she shouldn't be allowed to use a computer, and the response was something along the lines of "what a stinking piece of ..."

maybe you should work on your arguments a bit?

(btw, she constantly nags me about buying an Macintosh, and thinks that Unix boxes simply suck. go figure.)

I wonder if cruise control has ever been linked to increased highway accidents?

not where I live. not so sure about the US, though (remember Audi?)