Re: UserLand's response

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/17/1999; 7:25:50 AM
Topic:Netscape on next rev of RSS

You might not care, but many many people do because they rely on ad revenue from impressions.

Ah! I suspected you might say that.

Now here's my response. Maybe they should not be relying so heavily on reads of their home page?

My opinion: The Internet ad business is a bubble that's ready to burst. The only ads that will survive are the ones that are interesting enough to visit on their own.

The Dancing Hamsters were a huge clue for the Internet advertising industry. I wonder if they were paying attention?

Anyway, I won't do anything to protect other people's ad revenues. Sorry!