Re: UserLand's response

Author:Josh Lucas
Posted:6/17/1999; 7:37:04 AM
Topic:Netscape on next rev of RSS

The RSS/ScriptingNews formats should only affect the home page ad revenue.

I think Jeff Veen's message of a few days ago speaks of why an aggregation of headlines shouldn't matter in the long run.

It seems that both formats have strengths and both have a place. Personally, when I come to Scripting News, I come for more than just the links. I look for the context that Dave puts his links into. With the Scripting News format I can have the headlines aggregated and still have Dave's commentary.

On the other hand, if I had a desktop app looking for headlines, I would only want the headlines so RSS would be perfect.

josh