Re: Scripts to produced Channel files?

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:6/17/1999; 9:45:33 AM
Topic:Scripts to produce Channel files?

Well, I already did one months ago - but I could update it for the new format - so you could optionally have somethign like "output RSS, userland RSS, etc. etc."

I created a Command in Dreamweaver called RSSChannelGen which can create channels from just a few parameters. I need to tweak it to get it to function with netscape's flaky parser though.

You can find it at http://alaji.home.mindspring.com/dreamweaver/commands/rsschannelgen/

Its a command - an html file you place in Dreamweaver's config directory under Commands which extend DW's functionality.

Also Dave, have you heard of these tools?

http://www.vertexdev.com/HeadlineViewer/ Its a windows app that reads RSS headlines. You should chat with the developer and see it they might add support for userland's format enhancements as well!!

http://www.xmltree.com/ Its a "yahoo" of all sites serving XML documents.