Should any string contain the empty string?

Author:Jacob Savin
Posted:6/22/1999; 12:32:11 PM
Topic:Should any string contain the empty string?

I just tried this in the QuickScript window...

local (s = "This is a string"); s contains ""

...and the result was false. Is this right, or is it a bug. I would have thought that any string contains the empty string. On the other hand, the following is true:

local (l = {}); l contains {}