Re: My in My.UserLand.Com

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/24/1999; 10:39:14 AM
Topic:"my" in my.userland.com

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

It would be an honor to operate such a server.

The way to connect the servers is behind the cookie, thru a distributed computing protocol. We of course would like to base that on XML-RPC.

Lots of companies are jockeying for position in this space. It's considered very valuable turf. And on the other side, categorization requires editorial energy, both on the part of the people doing the channel and on the readers of the site.

There are many ways to approach it. Look at how Amazon does it. "People who bought this book also bought this other book." Same kind of logic could be applied to news sites.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Thanks for getting this discussion going.