"my" in my.userland.com

Author:Mike Gray
Posted:6/24/1999; 10:30:31 AM
Topic:"my" in my.userland.com

offer the "my" to the other syndication sites.

many sites have personalization services for their content, it would be great if my "profile" could follow me around and end up on my.userland.com.

just as a _small_ example: I have an account on slashdot.org where I can exclude stories that I am not interested in seeing. well, it would be great if when I was using my.userland.com to view slashdot's stories, those stories would not appear.

it doesn't seem that difficult of a problem technically, but I am sure many people would have concerns over their privacy. instead of the RSS file being used for every user, it would be generated dynamically by slashdot based on the user my.userland.com is retrieving the information for at that moment. the problem is coordinating users between my.userland.com and slashdot.org. since cookies are domain specific, my.userland.com doesn't have the ability to grab my slashdot cookie and send it to them for when they are generating the RSS.

any thoughts? ideas?