DG message editing

Author:Paul Nakada
Posted:6/30/1999; 3:35:02 PM
Topic:DG message editing

One of the things that has crossed my mind is the consequences of being able to edit one's DG message after it's been posted. While on a number of occasions I've used this feature to fix typos and better formulate my thoughts, it seems as though it could be used maliciously to change the appearance and context of a message thread.

Does anyone else out there share these concerns? One possible feature to deal with this might be message versioning, and possibly, only allowing a message to be added to and of course timestamping the changes.

Comments?

- Paul