Re: My.Userland.Com feedback

Author:Kurt Granroth
Posted:7/2/1999; 9:18:02 AM
Topic:My.Userland.Com feedback

What is it about Guido's feedback that moves it from the 'irresponsible complaining' category to the 'right-on constructive feedback' category?

It's not so much the feedback as who is giving the feedback. Guido is Well Known and Respected(tm) and you and I aren't.

Let's be realistic, here. Criticism is easier to take when you know that the person doing it has "proven themselves".

Say I'm writing a Linux kernel module and some random person tells me that "Your module sucks". That message will be in my trash instantly. Say, though, that the sender was Linus Torvalds or Alan Cox. You can bet that I'll take that critisism to heart!

I'm guessing (I don't know obviously!) that Dave doesn't really read many of the "little people" feedbacks very carefully. You are right that many of Guido's points have been covered (or at least similar ones have) by other people.. they just haven't been mentioned by people worthy of listening to!

This is not a complaint. This is not even feedback. This is a possible explanation that is soley my subjective opinion, one that I would be willing to say as a guest at a party. :-)