Re: My.Userland.Com feedback

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/2/1999; 9:15:26 AM
Topic:My.Userland.Com feedback

Maybe it's nothing more than timing.

I've wanted to get a bunch of things working, so I haven't been able to pay enough attention to the top level stuff. In the last week:

  1. We've gotten the DG integrated

  2. It's now a writing environment and

  3. We have the home page working on Linux, in Zope/Python, using Postgresql for the story flow.

At the same time, we've been fielding interest in this software from lots of web writers, and, at the same time I also manage a team of four developers, and do Scripting News, etc.

I receive the feedback, process it, store it, then balance it against what else is coming at me, and at the same time work on the ideas I want to work on. Often it's like a fire hose coming at me, and then another, and another. I like what Fredrik does on his home page, he gives you an idea of how accessible he is at any give point in time. Sometimes I'm accessible, other times not. Just one person here.

How it feels from my end? People are very impatient. In time all problems will be dealt with. In the meantime, making it personal just makes it harder for me, and I don't appreciate that. Instead of writing long carefully worded messages like this one, I could be working on the software making it more usable, perform better, etc.

So please don't ask these kinds of questions. They make me work at things I don't like to work at.

Respectfully,

Dave