Re: My.Userland.Com feedback

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:7/3/1999; 11:12:58 AM
Topic:My.Userland.Com feedback

My favorites page, with a dozen sources, takes 155 seconds.

How's the performance of http://linux1.userland.com/zope-2.0/projects/sites/myUserLand/? This code is equivalent to the favorites page, although it does exclusions instead of favorites.

Remember, Jakob N says if it takes even ten seconds, the mind will have wandered to an unacceptable extent.

I've been tuning the Linux vesion of this site. Right now, the biggest custom pages take less than a third of a second, not counting HTTP and network overhead. I can probably cut that in half without too much work.

Cheers,
Eric