Re: the OS price

Author:Chris Hanson

With DSL booming, and cable companies digging in, think of how the market for servers could boom.

Most cable modem providers -- and I bet most ADSL ISPs as well -- explicitly forbit users from running servers on their connections. I've heard that at least some of the cable modem providers will periodically probe your machine to make sure you aren't running anything, but I don't know if there's any truth to it.