Mainresponder.respond and error page

Author:Andrew Duncan
Posted:7/8/1999; 9:11:40 AM
Topic:Mainresponder.respond and error page

I see that the mainresponder.respond error handling code contains hardcoded HTML. The message is a familiar one, to me at least:

Sorry! There was an error: Can't process the request because your_favorite_error_occurred.

The error was detected by Frontier 6.0 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster:your_sysops_email_address. Time: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 15:38:36 GMT.

I'd like to be able to customise it, even just to have a white background, but doing so risks losing the changes when Userland updates the code.

I was surprised to discover this, since the old wsf responder had the error page code in a separate script, where the chances of it being overwritten were lower.

Would it be possible to have a callback script in config.mainresponder.callbacks or elsewhere?. It could take two parameters, the address of the paramtable and the tryerror string, and return a string to be assigned to adrparamtable^.responsebody, or do the assignment directly.

I'm going to edit mainresponder.respond anyway, because I need the error page to look like the one that WebSTAR serves, but it would be good to know whether Userland will make the fix at some point (or not).

I realise that it may be too trivial to warrant fixing, or there may be other reasons for not fixing it, such as it's not broken :o) but I figure there's no harm in asking, right?