Assignment over existing table object "itemtext"...

Author:Deke Smith
Posted:7/12/1999; 7:16:10 PM
Topic:Problems registering?

Hello,

I tried to register a scriptingNews format index of my site: <http://www.bouzou.com/sn_index.xml> and I received this error:

-- Begin snip --

Sorry, there was an error parsing the RSS file.

Assignment over existing table object "itemtext" is not allowed. Delete the object first, or use table.assign to override protection.

-- End snip --

Not really knowing the machinery that registers sites, I don't know if it is bad XML on my part or some sort of bug.

I modified David Winer's scriptingNews generating script to let me render the XML file within the Website framework of Frontier. There's the possibility of muddle-headed coding, but it should show up in the XML.

Thanks,

Deke