Re: Amazon.com (was: Changing email of membership)

Author:Heng-Cheong Leong
Posted:7/12/1999; 8:01:59 PM
Topic:Changing email of membership

Hi,

(I'm not the one who originally started this thread. I'll leave it up to the original poster to answer whether what Dave proposed is acceptable to him.)

And for those who are also lost in Amazon.com's one-million-and-one-options-front-page, here's how you can change your e-mail address.

1. From Amazon.com's front page, click on the "Your Account" graphics on the top right.

2. Key in your current password, after selecting Secure or Standard server.

3. Under "Account Settings" section, click on "Change the e-mail address or password".

You can now key in your new e-mail address and, optionally, a new password. After this, you can log-in using the new e-mail address. You do not have to log in using the original e-mail address.

Your preferences, including any credit card numbers, are not removed just because you change your e-mail address.

Userland's system is, obviously, different from Amazon.com's. Whether the inconvience (if any) for the user is worth the additional security (if any), I don't know, and I won't comment. :-)

Heng-Cheong Leong <applesurf@yahoo.com>