Re: Web Server Errors

Author:Heath Tanner
Posted:7/14/1999; 10:18:34 PM
Topic:Web Server Errors

I'm assuming that your Mac is configured with a dial-up connection for internet access. If that's the case, this should help you out.

If you're trying to run a server on a Mac with a dial-up connection, you're going to have to change your TCP/IP settings when you're not connected to the internet.

A great explanation on how to configure a Mac to network to itself--sometimes called a dialback loop--is at http://www.nisto.com/mac/question/network.html.

Once you've configured the Mac in a dialback loop, you'll be able to serve across your LAN.

If you're running MacOS 8 or greater, I believe you can also use the Location Manager to help automate the changing different TCP/IP settings.