Re: Kernelizing the server

Author:Jim Correia
Posted:7/15/1999; 12:57:49 PM
Topic:Blank Screen Phenom

Disclaimer: I am not intimately knowledgable with these specifications.

But - what do you do when the browser, in its HTTP request, says (as Navigator 4.03 did when I just tried it)

Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

It is willing to accept anything. It didn't put a q factor in the */*. So it is willing to accept your compressed page, but it won't do the optimal thing with it, given that you wanted to present it to the user in readable form directly in the browser.

How is the server supposed to interpret that header?