Re: Zope and Linux

Author:Greg Pierce
Posted:7/22/1999; 8:54:42 AM
Topic:Zope and Linux

I messed w/ this a little...but ended up giving up. The standard Python src distribution will compile on Mac OS X Server w/o modification...but from what I'm told (I'm not a unix person, so bare w/ me) this is a static compile, and Zope wants Python dynamically compiled.

As the notes above say, It can be done--but they loose me at "symliked the heck out of it"...cause I wouldn't know where to start linking.

I'm sure once Zope 2 settles into a stable release, some one will mess with providing a binary or something w/ a pre-compiled Python.

For what it's worth, Zope/Python work great on LinuxPPC.

We'll see... greg