Re: Mac does DHCP...

Author:Robert Cassidy
Posted:7/22/1999; 8:54:52 AM
Topic:Mac does DHCP...

I don't think they will do that - though they should. I think that right now Apple _may_ be setting the Wintel group for some discomfort. For the first time in a long time, Apple is establishing the baseline. At some future time, standard, supported, and useful wireless, Firewire, USB, etc. will give Apple options that the Wintel world doesn't have. What happens if the next big thing hits only on Macs because Firewire is needed and standard there? It's happened before...