Re: Charlie Kindel on Apple's AirPort

Author:Joe Beda
Posted:7/23/1999; 9:24:03 AM
Topic:Charlie Kindel on Apple's AirPort

I'm ready to line up to buy this thing. I own one of the Toshiba Portege 3015 subnotebooks and I can't wait to use something like this to make web access seemless in my house. All of the pieces are coming together.

What is left? These sub notebooks don't have to get faster -- that isn't a problem. The screens are beautiful and the hard drives are more than big enough. I think that battery technology needs to catch up.

Apple touts 6 hours for the iBook. That is certainly great and it stands out in the field, but I wonder what the battery time looks like when you are using that 11Mb wireless network heavily. I really want 36 hour+ battery life with heavy wireless network usage.