Re: More news from ZopeLand

Author:Erin Clerico
Posted:7/23/1999; 4:30:08 PM
Topic:Re: More news from ZopeLand

We have the main News page working over there now too. Both of our news flows are going thru Linux. The next step is to switch www.scripting.com over to Linux. This should be happening soon!

So these are actually new scripts you have developed in Python, and you are using XML-RPC to tie into your Frontier/NT platform? Where does Froniter leave off and Zope pick up in this new architecture? What is your basic philosophy for defining which proces handles which task?

I am interested in developing in Frontier/Mac and deploying on Linux. I just want to be clear on the direction of Frontier deployment on Linux. I know you are working on actual Frontier deployment on Linux, using WINE. So someday I may be able to run my Frontier scripts and databases directly on Linux. COOL! If I want to deploy parts of my websites with Zope, I may do so with XML-RPC. ALSO COOL!

Am I getting the big picture here? -Erin