Re: [Macro error: Access to

Author:Dan Finkelstein
Posted:7/28/1999; 8:16:17 AM
Topic:[Macro error: Access to "blah" was denied.]

It's definitely something about how Frontier writes to files with NT. For example, if I tell my co-worker to go to the page and hit reload a few times while I'm regenerating it, it will be filled with the macro errors.

Obviously this is a very bad thing, since if the errors occurred when one user was hitting the page, imagine what will happen when we try and regenerate while thousands of users are hitting our site simultaneously.

It's very, very frustrating. Stéphane's suggestion of changing the #ftpSite method to "ftp" doesn't work, since ftp is not implemented yet on Frontier for Windows.

The solution I've found is to generate my entire site to a different directory that is not accessible from the web, and then just manually copy ALL the files over. But of course, this is not the way it should work.

-Dan