Letter to the Editor of Wired

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/29/1999; 5:10:57 AM
Topic:Letter to the Editor of Wired

I sent this letter to the editor of Wired, Re http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/20982.html.

I try not to take offense on matters of principle, but referring to Dvorak as an "elderly, white male" is far beneath Wired and I do find it offensive, even if it is written in rebuttal to a piece that crossed well-accepted lines of political correctness.

I am not many years younger than Dvorak, and I am white and male. What does that say about someone and their beliefs and attitudes? Do two wrongs make a right? Wired, get a life, get over yourselves, you're worse than Dvorak, at least he's willing to promote beliefs that are not so "correct."

Thanks for listening.

Dave Winer