Re: Cringely's on to something here!

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:7/30/1999; 10:26:32 AM
Topic:Cringely's on to something here!

My take over the world idea last week was a rich browser interface to a web mail site, along the lines of the specialized browser for Ebay.

In a nutshell, combine storage and functionality server side with a rich lightweight interface client side. Make the client configuration a url. One file on the client, nothing to maintain.

Since all your mail is on the server, multiple interfaces for location independant access to the same data are not that hard. (basic http, xmlrpc, imap, whatever)

eric

ps: What are we doing tonight Brain? The same thing we do every night Pinky, Try to take over the world!