Re: IM: Location, Location, Location

Author:Doc Searls
Posted:8/2/1999; 8:25:16 AM
Topic:IM: Location, Location, Location

I've said this before, but I don't think it posted, so I'll say it again: nice summary, good questions, good answers. Especially this pair:

Who owns the screen real estate now? We could look at the various folks who occupy your computer. Let me suggest, however, that the user is the rightful owner and the rest merely tenants.

I would like to add my own thoughts, but I much prefer those of a character named @man. Check this out:

http://www2.ecst.csuchico.edu/~atman/attention-fat-bastards.html

My favorite line:

When you think of the Internet, don't think of Mack trucks full of widgets destined for distributorships, whizzing by countless billboards. Think of a table for two.

Right on.

Doc