Re: Instant Messaging is Dead

Author:Ben Duguid
Posted:8/2/1999; 9:37:36 AM
Topic:Instant Messaging is Dead

I like the idea in priciple, but IM doesn't offer me the features I need, or have come to appreciate. HotLine, and it's ilk from http://www.hotlinesw.com have a neat little solution that also allows you to transfer files between people, as well as news feeds and general chat, the clients are free, and the servers are shareware, and reasonably priced, and you're not tied into any particular mail service.