Re: Open Source is a farse...

Author:Steven Livingstone
Posted:8/3/1999; 1:49:25 AM
Topic:Microsoft response to Instant Messaging

I have to completely agree with this. I hope the days were everybody has 600 different versions of these Open Source applications become irrelevent and we can use XML to talk betweenm disparate clients and servers.

When code is released open source, it ends up being dreven in different directions and so we end up with a complete mess. We only have to look at an example between Netscape and MS browsers to see that open source doesn't really prove much. THe MS browser is much further ahead and useful, especialy from an application perspective.

Steven