Open Source is a farse...

Author:Joel Floyd
Posted:8/3/1999; 1:39:11 AM
Topic:Microsoft response to Instant Messaging

and Microsoft will most likely never release it. What you realy need; what we ( developers ) need are the protocols which the server and clients use to communicate. Basically its probably some UDP block command form; but you need to know what hte numbers or messages mean. Using XML, hello Dave, would be a step in the right direction. At least they would be readable.Something like..

Client to Server, logging on 255.255.255.1 ABCDE JOEL TOKYO

Server to Client ACCEPTED

Blah Blah Blah.... Anyway, I really don't beleive too much in open source sense most of the source is crap. Has anyone actually looked at the code for GNU distributed stuff? Just give me the protocols. Open Source is for students.

Have Fun Joel