Re: More 1.1c

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/3/1999; 7:37:47 AM
Topic:More 1.1c

No, there never was a MORE for the PC. ThinkTank went from the Apple II, to the PC then to the Mac. By the time MORE came around we had given away all our PCs and were exclusively a Mac development company. We did do a PC product, Grandview, written by John Friend, it was excellent, and shared some of the ideas of MORE, but it was a character-based product. MORE was definitely a graphics app, top to bottom. In those days instead of debating open source vs the world, we were debating which was better, graphic apps or character-based ones. By the time MORE 1.1c shipped we had already completely switched over to graphic development. Windows wasn't an option we considered at the time, it was nowhere near as mature as the Mac, and didn't have a very large number of users. By the time Windows matured (3.0, 1990) I was already two years into Frontier, just a Symantec shareholder, not a Symantec developer. I don't know if Symantec pursued doing a Windows MORE. I think they probably would have if Bedrock had caught on. But that's another story!