Re: Dave, address the control issue at that forum.

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/3/1999; 8:58:34 AM
Topic:Microsoft response to Instant Messaging

I understand this point.

An example. We wanted scriptable email. So I said to Apple, let me have the source for AppleLink. Surprisingly, they did! I hired a consultant. He added the Apple Event support. We asked for permission to distribute the result. They said no.

Another one. I wanted to be able to script PhotoShop. Adobe kept saying they would do it, but they never did. It would have made a huge difference to be able to automate PS.

On the other hand, I have respect for intellectual property. I understand that my life would be better if I had their property. But they don't want me to have it. That's life in the fast lane.