Re: Compatibility and latest and greatest

Author:David Valentine
Posted:8/3/1999; 10:49:12 PM
Topic:Microsoft response to Instant Messaging

Apple's compatibilty is so good it's on a different processor ;) And they will do the win16 like thing for older programs, compatibility box.

Latest and greatest does not just apply to LINUX. Think OFFICE. I upgraded my Mac Word from 1 to 5 to 6 and down to 5.1 before I got off the upgrade train.

What is Windows Update for? or better yet, who?

I don't assume that everyone wants the latest and greatest. I did upgrade my linux from Suse 5.3 to Suse 6.1. I skipped 6.0, I never did the latest and greatest updates. Linux is a cheap data crunching system. Not quite ready for my desktop use.