Re: Instant Messaging is Dead

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:8/5/1999; 9:56:47 AM
Topic:Instant Messaging is Dead

The problem I have with Odigo is that it doesnt create a sense of "community" like say gooey does. When you use gooey, you are immediately able to join in an existing "chat" going on for each website. Whereas with Odigo, you have to inititate a conversation with silent icons, who happen to be at the same site as you but might not want to be bothered.

I think Odigo would be killer if it took on aspects of Gooey's way of chatting.