Marketing Director does not know

Author:David Valentine
Posted:8/5/1999; 11:10:28 AM
Topic:Yusuf Mehdi on Instant Messaging

1) You have succeeded. I thought AOL has promised to join the ITEF group? Or did I misread something in the press. And just like the other members of the commitee, they have not opened up thier servers to all comers.

2) Marketing, ah yes, marketing. Answer the question posed. This is not a press conference, this is a developers conference. How does one go about accessing MSN IM servers?

SDK == Binary code == Microsoft OS's only << Acceptable

3) Interoperabilty is MS code for Eyeballs. Just Multiplatform is MS code for "it runs on 2 OS's, Windows 98, and Windows NT" (misquoted from blues brothers, "we have two kinds of music here, county and western")

So, first we had a MS PR firm, now we've had an internal Marketer, how about someone to answer the technical questions?

Here was my solution, and why: http://news.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$9114