Re: What this IM war is all about

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/6/1999; 9:35:13 AM
Topic:What this IM war is all about

IMHO you are not full of it.

The MS IM client also connects into Microsoft Exchange Sever.

AOL bought Netscape for the Netcenter website, and gave all the enterprise software to Sun. And Sun is in no position to challenge MS in something as user oriented as IM.

Sure, Bill Joy goes to the pow-wow, along with Marc Andreesen. Now is the point where we find out if those guys are anything more than company spokesmen.

Have we ever seen AOL navigate at this level?

My money is on MS.