Re: What this IM war is all about

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:8/6/1999; 9:49:34 AM
Topic:What this IM war is all about

I just love your "respect" for Bill Joy :) Ahem.. Andreesen I don't know.

IMHO Bill (*the* Bill, not Joy, obviously) was and is paying close attention. If this ploy works they won't have to offer the kind of openness you suggested for a second fiddle player, they will be the first tier player by virtue of integration. IMHO that was the source of Yusuf Medhi's vague reaction to your demand that they open up and the lukewarm "we'll give you an SDK" response -- I think it shows their confidence that they've got a winner.