Re: AOL-M$ : Shame on IM !

Author:David Valentine
Posted:8/7/1999; 12:25:52 PM
Topic:AOL-M$ : Shame on IM !

Must have had a bad version, because when I deselected "Always run...", exited, and restarted outlook it had not effect (MSN mess reloaded). Perhaps a reboot was required... or the setting got clobbered in an update. Wasn't happy with the always on default.

If it was out, why the hemming and hawing by the people

Did I miss something? ... while the MSN Messenger Service uses a different, MSN-specific protocol that is optimized for a large, centralized deployment like MSN. from the MS IM Announcement <http://lists.fsck.com/lists/impp/9907/msg00089.html>

Sound like MS does not really feel like sharing. Who has 40 million members and a set of servers that works? not Microsoft.